Trusted partners in
The Haughey Metals team has extensive knowledge of the manufacturing, engineering and construction markets and we have built a strong business dedicated to delivering high quality service and value to our customers.
We process and recycle all metals, and our extensive material handling and logistical expertise enables us to undertake challenging demolition and material recovery contracts where safety and protection of the environment are always our priority
With over 35 years experience providing the market with metal recycling services, Haughey Metals has grown its
reputation for efficient operations across the whole of Ireland.
Based in Keady, County Armagh, and now in Dundalk Co Louth, Haughey Metals provide a range of services for
industry, trade, and private customers including skip delivery and collection of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
Our proven onsite services include demolition and site clearance, providing a managed approach for customers seeking cost effective solutions tailored closely to their own material specific needs.
We act as a trusted partner to businesses throughout Ireland, providing them with the reassurance of working with Haughey Metals reliable workforce, an essential aspect of the total quality approach we apply to our business.
By engaging us early in your project we can maximise the value of your materials through effective planning and
Not all metal recycling services offer you the same level of protection. At Haughey Metals we conform to all current environmental legislation. We hold a Waste Management Licence with an authorised Treatment Facility for End Of Life Vehicles and a Waste Collection and Carriage Permits for both the North and South of Ireland.
- Our Company Values
- Commitment to the customer
At Haughey Metals, the health and safety of our staff, customers and the public is our highest priority. We complete relevant risk assessments and take actions arising out of those assessments which are subject to continuous review on a case by case basis.
Our staff and subcontractors are given necessary health and safety inductions and provided with appropriate training (including working at height, asbestos awareness and electrical safety) and personal protective equipment. We ensure that suitable arrangements are in place to cover employees engaged in work remote from the main company site. Our systems provide for the routine inspection and testing of equipment and machinery and for ensuring that action is promptly taken to address any required actions.
It is the policy of Haughey Metals Ltd to:
- Implement and monitor a Health and Safety Management system to manage risks associated with our premises and activities.
- Provide sufficient resources to ensure that the requirements of current Health and Safety legislation are fulfilled.
- Establish a system whereby all workers can contribute to Health and Safety policy through identification of possible hazards and near misses.
- Inform and educate all our staff on our Health and Safety policy to ensure a safe working environment.
- Train all staff to the level of competency necessary to execute their work duties safely.
- Undertake risk assessments to identify hazards and control methods of all work practices. To regularly review work practices and execute new risk assessments when needed.
- Maintain records of workers safety where appropriate.
- Maintain premises and work equipment to sufficient standards to ensure safety. Establish systems whereby all faults are brought to management attention and remedial action taken as quickly as possible.
The Health & Safety Policy has been defined and endorsed by the company’s senior management and has been communicated throughout the organisation by means of documented procedures in the Quality Systems Manual, and is included in all site document packs, is displayed on staff notice boards and detailed in all staff and site inductions.
The Health & Safety Policy statement and its associated organisational arrangements, systems and procedures will be revised annually and revised as necessary to reflect changes to the business activities. All changes to the policy and legislation will be brought to the attention of all its employees.
It is the responsibility of all employees to co-operate in the implementation of this Health & Safety Policy within their areas of influence. All employees have a legal duty to ensure their own safety and the safety of others under the Health & Safety Work Act 1974. Any failure by an employee to comply with any aspect of the company’s Health & Safety procedures, rules or duties will be treated by the company as serious or gross misconduct.
At Haughey Metals we recognise our responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Our core aims
We endeavor to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant environmental regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor our environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce all environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
We have a Waste Management Plan in place. It is constantly evolving as new recycling technologies and economic conditions arise. At present all material brought to our works is graded, and stored in segregated areas.
Ferrous metal is separated from non-ferrous metal. The ferrous metal is then processed as furnace feed for steel mills. Any dirt or stones are removed at this stage. Stones are then removed from dirt and sold as aggregate the remaining dirt is land filled. The non-ferrous scrap is separated into grades of aluminium, copper, stainless steel, brass, lead, electrical cable etc. Any foreign material e.g.; wood, glass rubber, plastic etc is removed and where possible is recycled. The non-ferrous metals are then baled, shredded or cut according to customer requirements.