Address – C/O Irish Cement Drogheda Co Louth
Project Details – Dismantle Rotating Kilns. Dismantle 80ft high Chimney.
Premier Periclase produces high quality seawater magnesia products. Haughey Metals Ltd was hired by Premier Periclase to dismantle obsolete plant they had on site while other parts of the plant were still operational.
The rotating kilns at the plant had to be dismantled in sections as they measured over 100meters in length and 10 metres in diameter. During this process the refractory lining of the kiln was removed. Approximately 70% of the lining bricks were reused in another refractory application at the plant the remaining 30% was used as road making material. This project involved a high degree of safety awareness, as the kilns were approximately 15 metres above ground level.
The scrap metal was cut on site, containerised and exported to steel mills in India.
- Date: 22/07/2013
- Categories: Projects Undertaken